Friday 2 January 2009

Eilera



Eilera

What are you currently up to?

Hi ! All my days at the moment are filled with the writing, composing and recording of the demo for the coming album… So these are basically the days with no beginning nor end, light-of-day nor nights, thousands of cups of coffee, blank pages or pages full of notes all over my apartment, going nuts sometimes, and feeling very excited when a song materializes… Very weird days. Totally immerged in a world of my own… Which I will be happy to share when the work is done. What was the first record you bought?

Waow… I think it was a 45-vinyl hit song called ‘En Rouge et Noir’ by a French artist named Jeanne Mas. She was posing on the cover wearing black laces and red, provocative lipstick… That was definitely a good reason to buy the disk for the little girl I was! ...This must have been a hint for my parents that I would not grow up to be a nurse, or a sister. ☺

What is your earlist memory of Heavy Metal Music? It must be an afternoon I spent with my super-cool-long-haired British cousin as I saw him by then. I must have been something like 8 years old then. I remember watching him with my eyes filled with admiration as he was head-banging to Guns’n’Roses! I’ve always been wearing long hair after that!

Who is the most famous person you've met? I guess it depends of points of views… Nightwish guys? Apocalyptica guys? Ville Valo?
What is your most nerve-wracking experience? Well, I would say the mixing of my ‘Precious Moment’ Ep. I was shaking with high fever, and yet there was very little time to finish the work. I had to give my opinions and make important choices with Hiili, but my head was buzzing and I could barely stand!

Who has the worse fashion sense in the band? Ha! I would love to make fun of one of them, but I like the style on all of them actually!… Original people for sure! What inspired you to become a singer? I already loved singing when I was a little girl. It’s not like anyone put the idea in my head. It was a source of pleasure for me very early already. Then as I grew up I got encouragements and I got criticisms too… But I never stopped anyway.

Who is your all time favorite actor and what is your favorite movie? Noone and no film have replaced Viggo Mortensen and ‘Lord of the Rings’ in my heart yet. The ultimate of the ultimate. If you could place 2 songs in a time capsule (to be opened in 100 years), what 2 songs would you choose and why?

I think I would pick ‘Smells like Teen Spirit’ by Nirvana and ‘Perfect Day Elise’ by P.J.Harvey. To me these two songs represent our times very well.

What makes you laugh/happy/smile? Many things do! But to name a few: Laugh: When me and my band-mates exchange each other’s fuck up after a tiring show! … With a few beers… Happy: Feeling my beloved ones happy makes me happy. Smile: When a charming man acts shy with me…

If you could choose one artist to do a duet with, which would it be? I think I would pick a man with a low voice, that would complete with mine… So maybe Ville Valo from HIM, or singer from Rammstein… This type of singer anyway.

Do you have a Message for the Lady Rock Members?

Quote:
its time that we remember in the year 2008 woman in music are a force
of nature.’:

Thank you for writing these words… ;-) You’re welcome. Eilera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.